See today’s best mortgage rates from the Big Banks and brokers at http://www.ratehub.ca
The RRSP Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP) helps first-time homebuyers use their RRSPs to buy a home in Canada. Toronto-based realtor Lauren Haw shows us how.
0:31 Eligibility for the RRSP Home Buyers’ Plan
1:39 RRSP Repayments
2:23 Underpayment: Paying Less Than Your Minimum
2:53 Overpayment: Paying More Than Your Minimum
ABOUT MORTGAGE MATH:
Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or a veteran homeowner, learning the ins and outs of the home buying process and the Canadian mortgage market can be a big undertaking. Produced by Ratehub.ca and The Loop by Sympatico.ca, Mortgage Math is an all-new video series dedicated to giving viewers all of the information and tools needed to navigate through the world of mortgages and homeownership.
Featuring some of Ratehub.ca’s best and brightest partners, you’ll not only learn about seven different aspects of the home buying process — like how to qualify for a mortgage, compare fixed and variable rates, and calculate CMHC insurance — but also follow along as our experts perform the related calculations in real-time on a whiteboard.
WATCH THE OTHER MORTGAGE MATH VIDEOS:
1. How to Get a Mortgage in Canada – http://youtu.be/_mEp2ucQBy0
2. How to Calculate Debt Service Ratios – http://youtu.be/wz3qSoBGjp0
3. The RRSP Home Buyers’ Plan –
4. Fixed and Variable Mortgage Rates – http://youtu.be/2Ru3ejpFS3o
5. How to Calculate CMHC Insurance – http://youtu.be/GncRSX7BUvM
6. How to Calculate Land Transfer Tax – http://youtu.be/xOf2dASV5nw
7. Mortgage Payment Options in Canada – http://youtu.be/auS2HWiWD9w